WASHINGTON — BDPA Members and bdpatoday staffers have compiled thousands of photos, videos, vignettes, and community-based tech and media campaigns over the past 40 years.
As 2018 closes, the following reference links are provided to share part of a much larger story. This special photo edition of bdpatoday for December 2018 also is available to highlight a few notable success stories from earlier in the year.
- PTTV | Popular Technology TV
- bdpatoday on Instagram
- bdpatoday on Twitter
- bt.Archives powered by Pinterest
- Tech, Media, and Government Relations
Washington, D.C. | BDPADC.org
2018 Photos | The Year in Review
Clockwise from top left:
Cover photo: Technical professionals, program managers, and inclusion council participants from Deloitte attend #BDPACON18 to deliver keynote addresses and technical presentations to industry for government executives, college professors, and student teams attending #BDPACON18.
- Black Girls Code (BGC) appear on ABC’s Good Morning America (GMA)
- From mainframe computers circa 1978 when National BDPA was founded, to today’s software-defined high performance computing (HPC) ecosystems , “I.T.” is still “data processing” — Happy 40th Anniversary BDPA-DC!
- NASA OPSPARC finalists receive new tablets from BDPA during 2018’s Earth Day Tech Summit in Washington, D.C.
- In 2018, we learned why the NAACP wanted to boycott some of your favorite social media platforms
- Top coders from BDPA’s regional competitions advanced to #BDPACON18, National BDPA’s High School Coding Competition (HSCC) and final scholarship rounds
- Where are they now — who remembers BDPA’s young coder and HSCC alumna from South Carolina who won a full Naval ROTC Scholarship to Duke University almost 10 years ago? (Hint: #BDPACON19 | See her story now on PTTV)
Join. Renew. Update membership profiles. Start a new BDPA Chapter with your school or ERG. Co-sponsor a coding team. Bring young coders with you to attend #BDPACON19 in Atlanta! — BDPA.org.
Leave a Reply