WASHINGTON (TMCF/bdpatoday)—The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) in partnership with Apple is proud to present the Apple HBCU Scholars Program to outstanding students with a minimum 3.25 GPA who will be graduating between December 2017 and May 2018.
Selected Scholars will participate in a 12-week internship during the summer before their senior year, and will receive up to $25,000 in scholarship funding based on individual financial needs that will be applied to their final year of study. Each scholar will have an Apple mentor throughout their experience, receive an opportunity to develop key skills, enhance their resumes and help launch their careers through the hands-on experience gained at one of the top tech companies in the world.
Select here to apply. The deadline for eligible students is Sunday evening, October 16, 2016, no later than 11:59 EST.
As scholars, eligible BDPA Student Members will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in an Apple HBCU Immersion experience in Silicon Valley—Cupertino, California in early 2017
- Participate in a 12-week internship with Apple in Cupertino, California during the summer of 2017
- Be awarded a need-based scholarship to help defray the costs (such as tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, books and supplies) of their senior year of study
- Participate in various development activities to help prepare for post-graduation careers
- Receive on-going coaching and guidance from an experienced Apple employee
- Serve as Ambassadors on their HBCU or PBI (Predominately Black Institution) campuses to build awareness for the Apple and TMCF HBCU Initiative
Although this opportunity is open to students of all disciplines, this is a very highly competitive program targeting Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) students. BDPA Student membership is not required; however, participation in BDPA programs will add tremendous value to student member applications. Select here to discover more and review eligibility criteria.