3rd Annual Air Force HBCU/MI Outreach Initiative Collider
An educational event focused on networking, partner resources, and career opportunities for HBCU/MIs to collaborate with the Air Force.
About this event
Traditionally, HBCU/MIs have not participated in the Small Business Innovation Research / Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) programs. This event’s mission is to increase HBCU and MI participation. The Air Force Small Business Technology Transfer (AF STTR) program, a $97M small business program, is reaching out to Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Institutions (HBCU/MI) with an opportunity to apply for funding of research and development through strategic partnerships with small businesses and provide educational opportunities with the Air Force and Space Force.
– Increase HBCU/MIs participation in Air Force research funding source programs
– Increase research opportunities with HBCU/MIs in Air Force competency areas
– Work with HBCU/MIs to increase their success in competing for broader research funding sources, especially the AF Small Business Technology Transfer Program
– Increase the number of HBCU/MI spin-out companies
– Increase HBCU/MI participation in the STTR Program
– Educate HBCU/MI small business partners on the STTR program, processes, and policies
– Connect HBCU/MIs with emerging trends in the Air Force
– Establish strategic alliances with the Air Force and HBCU/MIs
– Reduce barriers to entry